Tyler Perry’s movie Acrimony was released March 30, 2018 but so many people didn’t get to watch it in the cinemas.
Between June and July, this movie went viral and caused controversies, most of which is “who is to be blamed” and It trended all over social media.
I have below a beautiful piece from Justus T. Jim-Halliday- Acrimony’s review. Once you are done reading, drop your comment.
Firstly, let me go with the widely asked question.
Who is to Blame? The man (Robert)
The woman (Melinda)
The other woman (Diana)
The Family (Brenda & June)
The truth is they all shared a good Percentage of the blame.
Mr. Robert Blame: 30%
Reason: A handsome young man who only had his ideas and his good sex skills to keep a woman. Yes we all know he had a bad record and for that reason he can’t get a decent job. To be honest, I was shocked he could wash plates, because he acted like he couldn’t make use of his hands for over 18years.
1. He let his dreams overshadow reality.
2. When he got that call from Diana, he would have packed the truck and called the boys to come pick it up and then trek or use a bike home.
3. She had $350k, which to me can start up a car washing business, supermarket or even a laundry shop.
4. He would have asked her sister’s husbands what they were doing and at least join them while he worked on his dreams at night.
5. He would have taken 5/10mins to explain to the woman about the wallet found rather than walking out and also wasting that time fighting outside.
Reasons: Diana an innocent girl who was caught in the cross fire of a heated gang war.
1. She slept with Robert for the first time not knowing he was in a relationship.
2. She took him in because he was broken and didn’t deserve to be alone at that point.
3. She married him as a divorced man.
4. She supported his dreams at the last point, infact she made his dreams come through.
Brenda & June: 5%
Reasons: These sisters like everyone else reading this wouldn’t want their sister to be with a man for more than 15years and the man is not productive.
1. They never liked him because he was poor.
2. They made her suspect him for the second time. Cause of no. 1 reason, they didn’t confront him first they went straight to let the sister know.
3. As much as they didn’t like him, they found a way to make her also hate him.
Reasons: Melinda was a sweet innocent young girl who only wanted love, care and a supposed perfect life.
1. She believed in him but got tired of waiting.
2. She loved him but never trusted him again, because of her first experience which is normal for us humans.
3. Her anger always took the better side of her.
4. She felt he owed her the world
5. She gave up on his dreams at almost the point of his breakthrough
6. She jumped into conclusion and crash landed like almost all ladies do.
The man tried his best, at some point I thought he wouldn’t go back to her after the Big Win but He gave her $10M which I know can’t buy time, but he never cheated on their marriage not even in thoughts.
She felt he owed her everything because she invested both time and money into what they had. Now this is the trick, Patience is virtue. She worked so hard to the point of almost having a miracle but she gave up because of Lack of Trust, Side talks, Lack of more patience.
My advise to guys: your dream is your dream, but don’t stay lazy because you have a passion for one thing other things should stand still. Involve yourself into other legal things to get you money and make ends meet. You might not even get to your dream at the end of the day, but you would be making your woman happy and even be more proud of yourself for taking responsibility. IT IS A SIN TO STAY IDLE AS A MAN.
Ladies: learn not to allow your anger get the best of you. Learn to Trust (or ask questions directly), say No to side talks. I would also applaud Melinda because she sacrificed a lot to make things work.
Now you will agree with me that bad character will always follow you to the grave if you refuse to learn/change.
P.S: If she wasn’t the Narrator of the story and infusing her bad words into it, I guess everyone would have seen differently
Let us also recall that it was after she realised he has made that kind of money he promised her, she wanted him. If you can remember; before he gave her the check, she said we are not coming back together.
Yea, thank you for reading, please don’t forget to drop your comment and if you haven’t seen this movie, please get it and watch. It is worth the time.
Bye for now