US UK relations further cracks as more leaked documents surface today.
LONDON – Just as we thought the whole brawl between the US and the UK over the leaked documents had died down, following Sir Kim stepping down from office six months early – Today more documents have been published by the mail on Sunday revealing more damning contents.
After efforts by the MET Police to stop the publication of more leaked documents due to its criminal investigation launched last week; The Media under the freedom of the press act has gone ahead to publish fresh leaked memos.
The new leaked Memo suggested that President Trump withdrew from the Iran Nuclear deal to spite former President Barack Obama.
Also the memo showed communication referencing to the UK US free trade as making little to no progress with blames being passed around on the UK side not having the knack for negotiations. Areas of interest and disagreement include Health and Finance, Food standards regulations
The content of the documents, included meeting notes and briefing memos and showed that the United States was stating to be less interested in the negotiations around the back-end of 2018.
The Police assistant commissioner Neil Basu in what seemed like an attempt to prevent the press from publishing the news said
“We have also been told the publication of these specific documents, now knowing they may be a breach of the OSA [Official Secrets Act], could also constitute a criminal offence and one that carries no public interest defence.
“We know these documents, and potentially others, remain in circulation.”
This obviously did not stop the new from breaking across the UK and now we wait to see more reactions from Washington and President Donald Trump.
Look out for more updates on twitter and be sure to follow Hitvibz.