We are aware that a lot of people/fans are eager to find out what salary Florentino Perez must’ve offered to Zinedine Zidane to bring him back to the club.
It’s typical of football fans to think that most decisions are influenced largely by money. As such, a lot of eye brows had been raised over Zinedine Zidane’s decision to return to his former exployers. A decision no one saw coming– considering the fact that it’s been barely 10 months since he resigned after winning three UCL titles in a row.
Spanish outlet, Elconfidential have released the pay pack offered to Zidane for him to return. When compared to other high profile managers, one must really laud Zidane, as he really came back because of his love for the club more than monetary reasons.
Zidane’s salary is quoted to be within the region of €12 million per year, plus incentives for the next three seasons.
When compared to his peers;
• Diego Simeone – €24 Million
• Ernesto Valverde – €24 Million
• Pep Guardiola – €22.6 Million
• Jose Mourinho (at Manchester United) – €20 Million
• Mauricio Pochettino – €10 Million
• Jurgen Klopp – €8.5 Million
• Massimiliano Allegri – €8 Million
Bar Diego Simeone, Pep, Valverde and Jose Mourinho, the other coaches appear less expensive, but considering the fact that they are still under contract at their respective clubs, snapping up any of them will require paying huge compensations.
With this understood, it can be said that Real Madrid made a very wise decision– not just sporting wise, but financially– in bringing back Zinedine Zidane to the club.
A lowdown of how Zinedine Zidane’s salary has increased over the years at Madrid.
• Appointment as Real Madrid first team coach in 2016 – €2.5 million/year.
• Payrise after lifting Real Madrid’s 11th UCL title – €5.5 million/year.
• Salary as at end of the 2017/2018 season when he resigned – €7.5 million/year
• Re-appointment as Real Madrid coach, March 2019 – €12 Million.