Federal Road Safety Corps vows to prosecute underage drivers

Federal Road Safety Corps vows to prosecute underage drivers

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Pinterest
  • Linkedin
Share this

Mr. Dauda Biu, the acting Corps Marshall of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, has promised to prosecute underage drivers not just in Sokoto State but throughout the nation.Federal Road Safety Corps vows to prosecute underage drivers

Biu said this on Monday at the Usmanu Danfodio University Teaching Hospital in Sokoto while visiting Fatima Suleiman, a 16-year-old student who was struck by an 18-year-old in the state while celebrating his secondary school graduation.

The acting Corps Marshall issued a warning that going forward, any underage drivers found in the state will be detained and dealt with legally, as represented by the Zonal commander in Sokoto, Kabiru Nadama.

He declared that a special control would be established to keep an eye on such offenders.

We must discourage underage drivers in the state or stop any of our teenagers from driving without driver’s license. All these must stop and we will ensure we put a stop to such so as to discourage such incidence like

However, the acting Corps Marshall informed the public that the underage driver who was detained in connection with the event will face the full force of the law.

We have been in touch with both the police and the judiciary in the state, and seek their cooperation in making sure that the boy faces the law so as to serve as warning to others” he added.

Recall that a graduating secondary school student in Sokoto while celebrating, hit Fatima, a female student at Khalifa International School, injuring one of her legs severely and had to have it amputated.

The state’s police public relations officer, DSP Sanusi Abubakar, confirmed the underage driver’s arrest and said that the boy is now being held and will be arraigned on Monday.

Abubakar claims that once the school’s administration reported the collision to the authorities, the police quickly detained the student-driver.

We had since conducted our investigation and the suspect had been charged to court for further judicial process,” he said.

In response to the terrible situation, Mr. Emmanuel James, the director of the college, also confirmed the incident and stated that the driver was not a student there.

 

???? ???? ?????
??’? ?? ????????? ?? ???? ???? ???. ?????? ????? ? ??????? ?? ??? ??? ?????!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.