A gas explosion has occurred at Aduke, Ifelodun Local government area of Lagos, four persons feared dead while twenty – three person severely injured, and several shops engulfed by fire.
Unfortunately, among those who lost their lives were two kids, a boy and a girl – while the other twenty three persons sustained multiple degree of burns.
According to reports, Lagos State Emergency Maintenance Agency, LASEMA revealed that the was fire ignited as a result of a phone call made by an unidentified person and the fire escalated affecting nearby shops.
Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, the director-general of Lagos Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), revealed that five persons including three children and two adult female were seriously burnt and currently admitted at the Gbagada hospital.
He further stated that the entire area has been cordoned and a post – disaster assessment is been carried out.
He also said :
“As a result of the visible cracks and the intensity of the fire, it is advised that a controlled demolition analysis should be carried out on the burnt structure in order to prevent any secondary incident” .