The Iranian government on Monday issued an arrest warrant against the President of the United States of America, Donald J Trump, and other suspects following the death of its former military commander, Qasem Soleimani.
According to reports, the Iranian through Tehran prosecutor, Ali Alqasimehr, has said that Trump along with more than 30 others,will face murder and terrorism charges, having been accused of involving in the January 3 strike that killed General Qassem Soleimani.
Earlier this year, the US military killed Soleimani in an air strike outside Baghdad international airport. His death however, sparked protests around the world.
Despite the fact that it’s been six months since the incident happened, in an effort to show strength during one of the most trying times for the Iranian Government with the country having the one of the highest cases of COVID-19 in the Middle East and the crippling sanctions imposed by the United States on Iran, they have asked Interpol to help in detaining US President Donald Trump and dozens of others it believes carried out the drone strike that killed the top Iranian general in Baghdad Iraq.
Iran according to Aljazeera, said she would pursue Trump’s prosecution even after his presidency ends.