It was confirmed that David, the father-of-three died in ‘absolute agony’ after contracting a salmonella infection, thought to be due to eating the gecko.
According to ladbible.com, David was struck with the illness two days after he ate the Lizard at a party in December last year, he was in severe pain and was quickly rushed to hospital by paramedics who actually thought he had a bad bout of gastroenteritis or a severe hangover.
Hitvibz gathered that David, from Brisbane City in Australia was later diagnosed with salmonella – an illness which causes diarrhoea, sickness, stomach cramps and fever.
He started throwing up green bile, black urine and his stomach became so bloated his family say he looked ‘six months pregnant’.
Unfortunately, David died on 11 December while in surgery, leaving his family with so many questions unanswered, as they are now asking the hospital, where he was treated, for answers about his death – particularly in relation to decisions made by the medical team.
Hitvibz further discovered that the skin of Wall gecko is known to carry a harmful pathogens such as salmonella that can cause you to be severely ill if you consume the food.
If you want to know more, please read on.
If they land in your food and it does not go through a heating process, the germs transfered by Geckos can easily be transferred to your body if you handle them as well.
If the food is yet to be cooked, then the high heat will essentially kill all the bacteria and so the food will be safe to eat.
So, if you’re okay with eating that food, it’s your choice!