I was compelled to write it today because of a news I got of a dear one who divorced after three months of marriage, I could not get the details at that point because of an appointment I had, but sincerely I was and still worried, why marry and divorce after such a short time. It’s wise to stay longer and be sure.
Two are better than one is what the Bible said. Why is the rate of divorce just escalating? Let’s leave that topic for another day.
1. Be ready to die to self. ‘I’ is now ‘we’. Everything is done with consideration for each other. Decisions are now joint.
2. It is not so much of finding the right person, but you being the right person. Work on yourself and continue to work, it’s like a marathon and not a 100 meters dash.
3. The simplest way to be frustrated in marriage is comparism. Particularly in this social media age, where everyone tries to put up their best. Don’t compare him/her with anyone in your past or your imaginary future, he/she can never be your dad/mum or your ex.
4. When it comes to the choice of a spouse, make it yourself relying on the help of God. Never allow anyone make the choice for you, except they will live with you in it (which is impossible).
5. You owe truth to two, the moment you set out on this journey: God and your spouse. You limit your home if you hide it from your spouse (of course you can’t hide anything from God).
7. No matter should be too difficult to settle between the two of you, relying on the help of the Holy Spirit.
8. Purpose in your heart ahead of time to forgive, before any offense arises. Because there will be reasons to be offended as time goes on.
9. Never stop praying together. Do not allow anything take away the prayer altar in your home.
10. Have a plan. Marriage is a journey. And any journey that is without a destination is a journey in frustration. If no plans were discussed or written down before the commencement, it is never too late to have it. 5, 10, 20 years, etc. above all to make it to the marriage supper of the Lamb at the feet of the Master: then commit the plans into the hands of God.
Marriage is meant to be enjoyed and I decree that you shall enjoy your marriage. Everything fighting the peace in any home and suggesting divorce, I rebuke them in the name of Jesus Christ.
it’s a new day for you.
Remember all I have discussed in the three parts of this marriage digest begin with a relationship with Jesus.
If it not there, these may not do much good for you because you can start but will not have the spiritual strength to sustain it.
Just in simple words, knee and ask Jesus to come into your life and make you a new creature, wash away your sins and give you a new start.
God bless you richly and never forget that Jesus is Lord over all.
Author: Edward Idemudia Agboare ACA