Peter Obi set for court to prove he won the presidential election

Peter Obi set for court to prove he won the presidential election

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Pinterest
  • Linkedin
Share this

Peter Obi, the presidential candidate for the Labour Party, claimed on Thursday that he had won last Saturday’s election and was prepared to present the evidence.Peter Obi set for court to prove he won the presidential election

Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress won the presidency in a highly controversial contest that he said was rigged to produce planned outcomes.

After receiving 8,794,726 votes to win the 2023 presidential election, the former governor of Lagos State – Ahmed Tinubu, was named the new president.

Tinubu’s victory was declared by INEC Chairman Professor Mahmood Yakubu, in the wee hours of Wednesday at the International Collation Centre in Abuja.

But on Thursday, Obi stated at a global press conference in Abuja that the election did not meet the criteria and could not be deemed genuine.

The former governor of Anambra State emphasized that Nigerians had been cheated out of their rightful choice. He added that he would seek justice in court and was prepared to contest the results until he could establish his case.

The election that we just witnessed had been conducted and the results announced as programmed. It is a clear deviation from electoral rules and guidelines contrary to what we were promised. This election did not meet the minimum standard expected of a free, fair, transparent and credible election. It will go down as one of the most controversial elections ever conducted in Nigeria.” – he said.

Peter Obi added that;

The former governor stated that he thought it was crucial for Nigeria to sanitize the process by which people are appointed to any office.

He claimed that after successfully contesting multiple election results, he would proceed to court with the conviction that he would be granted justice.

On this issue (presidential election) I am challenging the process. I will challenge this rascality for the future of the country. The court exists for this and they have asked me to go to court and I will be going to court,” the former governor said.

Like this post?
We’d be delighted to hear from you. Please leave a comment in the box below!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.