Commissioner for transport, Sam Ejekwu said the ban is to help curtail the recklessness of the drivers and reduce accidents on the road.
He warned Trucks and Trailer drivers operating in state to always strap their containers and other heavy equipment firmly to the vehicles.
Ejekwu said anyone who flouts the rules will have the law to contend with.
Full list of areas Keke Napep Operation has been Prohibited by the Rivers State Government in line with section 74 subsection 1 (h) of the Rivers State Road Traffic Law No. 6 of 2009:
1. Trans Amadi Road (Zoo – Garrison)
2. Aba Road
3. Ikwerre Road
4. The Entire Old Port Harcourt Town
5. The Entire Borokiri Axis
6. East – West Road
7. Ada George Road
8. Airport Road
9. Nta – Choba Road
10. Rumuokwurusi – Eneka – Igwuruta Road
11. Slaughter – Woji Road
12. Oginigba – Artillery Road
13. Eastern Bypass
14. Oil Mill – Elelenwo – Akpajo Road
15. Old Aba Road
16. Iloabuchi Road
17. Elekahia And Elikahia Housing Estate
18. Gulf Estate To Akpajo
19. Waja To Nkpogu