Everyday vaping caused teenager to be placed in medically induced coma to combat rare lung disease.
UNITED STATES – 18 year Maddie Nelson from Utah was an addict to vaping. She spent most of her time showing off new vaping smoke tricks on her social media and also trying out new vaping fluids.
But recently she has posted a warning via her social media account, urging the general public to stop vaping after she became suddenly ill and later suffered what doctors would later denote as a rare lung disease (eosinophilic pneumonia ) caused by her constant vaping habit for three years.
“I am sharing my story so you all are aware that there is something crazy in these pens that is not safe and almost cost me my life.
Maddie was hospitalised in July after her symptoms got worse and became life threatening. She was rushed to the hospital where Doctors discovered fat particles growing inside her lungs together with tones of fluid and these were attributed to chemicals in vape juiceMaddie was in the ICU for four days where the doctors were forced to place her in what is known as a medically induced coma. She was then medicated with steroids to help reduce the inflammation in her lungs.The family was informed that Maddie has what is known as an Acute eosinophilic pneumonia which according medical journals is a rare disease caused by a build-up of white blood cells in the lungs in response to inflammation. This can be triggered by certain bacteria in the lungsCurrently she is in recovery away from the hospital but she still needs oxygen to help her with breathing at night. She has sworn to never touch a vape again
Vaping was widely encouraged around the world through campaign ads and incentives as the alternative to smoking cigarettes and a way to eventually stop smoking. The trend was put forward by doctors and health officials around the western world at least.This resulted in a booming market for various and all forms of vapes and vape juices. No standards or quality checks were put in place to ensure the right amount of chemicals applied and were not harmful to the human the same cigarettes were. And so it became a free game for manufacturers and the consumers were non the wiser as they were going by medical reports published
With this new development and mounting cases, doctors are now urging more research needs to be carried out to determine the short and long term ramifications of vaping whilst sighting Maddie Nelson’s case as one from a growing number of people reporting similar illnesses in Utah United States so far.Reports are showing in the united states alone cases number in their hundreds with at least one resulting in death which was reported last week that a man had died from lung disease and the cause of death was traced back to vaping.