Teachers recruitment test chaos, not intentional says Anambra Govt

Teachers recruitment test chaos, not intentional - Anambra Govt
Share this

The Anambra State government has stated that the flaws seen during the weekend’s test for Teachers recruitment in the state were not deliberate, and that individuals who were unable to write the exam would still be permitted to do so.Teachers recruitment test chaos, not intentional - Anambra Govt

When the website went down during the online test, commotion ensued in most Cyber cafes across the state, with applicants blaming the organizers of wasting their time.

The applicants, largely women, many of whom were breastfeeding mothers, claimed that the site did not open in most regions within the one-hour time limit.

They claim that the website went down as the exam’s start time of 11 a.m. approached.

Mr. Christian Aburime, the state government’s top press secretary to Governor Chukwuma Soludo, clarified the situation Tuesday, saying the governor’s awareness had been directed to rumours and assertions surrounding the teachers’ recruitment examinations.

The test was conducted in line with the cardinal objective of Prof Soludo and his administration of strengthening and repositioning the education sector in the state. It tallies with the conviction of the governor that education remains a piece of veritable equipment for enhanced living and building a better society.

“To ensure transparency in the exercise, the Ministry of Education charged with the responsibility, received over 40,000 applications. The ministry listed about 31,800 qualified applicants after reviews. Applicants considered too old for civil service, graduates without NYSC discharged certificates or exemption letters and other deficiencies were disqualified.

“Against the proposed 5000 qualified applicants to be shortlisted for Computer-based Test, CBT, exam, the governor directed that all the over 31000 listed applicants should be given equal chance to participate in a preliminary online exam, before shortlisting the successful applicants for 2nd CBT exam. By the development to remain calm while the government sorts out the outstanding issues and takes the necessary actions”.

 

𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕?
𝑾𝒆’𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑷𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒙 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒘!

About the Author

Kris
An educationist, who loves good music and Football. A creative writer, footballer and content editor.

Be the first to comment on "Teachers recruitment test chaos, not intentional says Anambra Govt"

Leave a Reply