A government house statement said the Rivers state governor also set up a six-man Taskforce to coordinate the distribution of relief materials to affected communities in the State.
Governor Wike said the money will enable flood victims and their families to cope with the devastating floodwater which has submerged homes, farmlands and forced residents of affected communities to relocate to safer places.
Members of the six-man Task Force on Flooding are:
1. Dr. George Nwaeke, Permanent Secretary, Special Services Bureau (SSB) in the Office of the Secretary to the Rivers State Government (Chairman)
2. Mrs. Inime I. Aguma (Secretary).
3. Hon. Hope Ikiriko, Chairman of Ahoada West LGA
4. Hon. Vincent Job, Chairman of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni LGA
5. Hon. Chukwuemeka Onowu
6. Director of Administration in the Ministry of Special Duties.
The appointment takes immediate effect.
All members of the Taskforce met with the Governor earlier today in the Government House, Port Harcourt.
𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕?
𝑾𝒆’𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑷𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒙 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒘!